Laryngitis and a few thoughts
She grabbed the subway pole. GASP!!! 😱 No one touches those things! Kid's gotta lot to learn.
They have such a sweet relationship. Lucy adores and worships the older two. They are so gentle and good with her. It's extremely precious.
This picture of food on paper plates represents something I am either proud of or ashamed of.
I don't make breakfast or lunch for my kids. Hannah made this egg the way she likes it (fried and suny side down, weird kid) and cut some fruit. And made chocolate milk. So I think it's great that they cook their own stuff but they've had to- ain't no momma in this house cooking like that all the time. They both make their own lunches the night before school, set their own alarms and are out the door on time. Without me saying a word. And I feel a huge amount of guilt about this for some reason.
I'm sure I'll be grateful someday.
What I am grateful for right now: a husband who knows how to take care of sick people. I've had laryngitis this week, so Jacob pulled out his doctor bag (a black bag he keeps in the closet with syringes, medication that was about to be thrown away at work but was still good, various tourniquets and first aid stuff, and actual equipment like otoscopes, stethoscope, etc.) He gave me some prednisone and lathered me up with Vicks and a warm bear. It worked. I'm glad he has the skills and supplies at home.
I'm tired and numb. Lucy is teething and going through a wicked phase of development that is keeping me up all night for days on end. She's never been a good keeper and we're going on nine months of not sleeping more than a few hours at a time. I have to remind myself that Hannah was also a terrible sleeper, but the thought isn't very encouraging. I've got no emotional capacity to handle anything on any given day.
So, on that positive note, we're fasting that Jacob gets his promised residency spot at Brooklyn hospital. It almost feels silly to fast and plead for this, but I know how things can go really wrong without warning. And maybe I'm asking that we not have to deal with one more blow because it's been enough, right? Can one good thing happen to our family?
Comments