It's official. I'm imbalanced.

I have health issues. They are numerous and slightly ridiculous, like getting migraines on Sundays, not to mention a few women's problems that I won't bore you with. It's affecting every part of my life.

The last doctor I went to tried to fix each individual issue, then told me my blood work was normal (LIAR!!!!). A friend recommended a different doctor who specializes in hormones and women's health and was supposed to be "very excellent". And when something is better than just excellent, you better pay attention.

After rescheduling twice--once for being overstressed and once for insurance--I finally made it today. After about 534 questions, it was determined that I have....drum roll please... too much estrogen. Isn't that a wonderful diagnosis? Never was a woman so proud. So to balance out my poor, decrepit body, I have to rub progesterone cream on, I quote again, "body parts that don't have much fat".  I asked, What part would that be, exactly? In case you were wondering, it's wrists, ankles, ribs, collarbone, and...I forgot what else. I may or may not have laughed out loud during this part of the discussion. 

I also get to have some blood work done in a few weeks (yippee), but I won't know the results for another month. I will probably start a thyroid medication. I made it clear that I wouldn't be taking any meds that would cause weight gain. Because we all know that vanity and pants size are WAY more important than functioning like a normal person.


Comments

Megan said…
I'm so sorry Carrie! If it helps, you are not alone. I too have some major hormone imbalances (I've been diagnosed with PCOS) so I know the feeling of thinking, "I'm insane" on a regular basis.

Hang in there! I know you are crazy busy, but if there is ever a time you want to go get hot chocolate and talk - you know I'm not far from where you are, and would love to see you.
Jacob said…
dude, you are not the only person in our family with imbalances. I am off my rocker. The chemicals in my head have fiestas every day and I can only sit and watch. When they calm down, they tell me to go crazy. I usually obey. It's a family trait.
Unknown said…
Megan--what a nice offer. I would love to chat over a drink. I'll email you my phone number.

Jacob--you can borrow my progesterone cream. Maybe it will help.

Popular posts from this blog

Jacobisms

Out On the Town

NYE