Halloween

Somehow we survived Halloween and even enjoyed it! (don't tell anyone) Leah had a party at preschool, so we made some treat bags for her take. Once she understood what we were doing and why, she sat down on the floor by us and said "Thank you, mom and dad." It was so sincere and precious-and a very mature response for a four year old!

Brian ended up at the doctor and found out that everything from the throat and up is infected and he'd better not be outside taking his daughters trick or treating. Fabulous.

It's been our tradition for a while to get Papa Murphy's jack o lantern pizza on Halloween. It's nice to not have to worry about dinner once a year.


I promise the girls didn't pose for the pictures-they were taken au natural. The fuzzy strawberry and poofy kitty were a hit at every house...and they were quite adorable, if I do say so myself.



The neighborhood we trick or treated in was a bit of a dud, but the girls (and Brian, who disobeyed the doctor) had a good time. After a few houses, Leah compared the amount of candy in Hannah's bucket and her own. Hannah had less, so Leah gave Hannah some of her own so they would have the same amount. So sweet! This was the first year that Leah understood what Halloween was all about and wase excited about it. Her holiday energy was contagious and it was hard to be a bad mood. I'm not quite sure what we're going to do with the leftover candy they got-I put it in the cupboard and they both forgot about it.

Comments

Brian said…
but I haven't forgot about it...
mrswade said…
This sounds wonderful. Both costumes are adorable. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Get better, Brian!
Brian said…
Thanks Shannon!!! I'm trying!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacobisms

Out On the Town

NYE