Epiphany is beautiful

I've been having some epiphanous moments lately. Mostly involving how to deal with life with difficult children. Basically it goes like this-I have too high expectations for myself and for them. Most people would consider it routine to have some pictures taken of the kids and send them out to grandparents. However, with my kids, that is not a realisitic or a fair expectation. I need to let my hair down more and loosen up. Having a child with disabilities means there are limitations on what can be done. The house can't be clean all the time, or even some of the time. I can make a meal plan for the week, but I shouldn't expect that I will be able to make dinner all the time. If I have an appointment or something scheduled, it's okay to cancel if things aren't going well. I'm a little behind in figuring these things out...
I'm reading Stephenie Meyer's book The Host, which came out this week. It's so good!
My mom is in town. She stopped by with some flowers for me for Mother's Day. They are purple petunias and very beautiful. She has a love of gardening and growing things and it makes me feel good when she wants to share that with me.
Everyone is in bed right now. Leah fell asleep at 5:30, Brian is resting because he doesn't feel good, and Hannah went down at 7:30. I have a feeling we're in for a long night.
My job is really cool. I love the kids we work with; the are so adorable and doing so well. It's exciting to be able to use my Spanish again.

Comments

Brian said…
It really bothers me that I'm sick so often and that I'm not a higher percentage go-to dad/husband that you can count on as a result. I hope that some day I can find a way to improve my health and also do better at fighting through illness. I just want to be a better husband and father for you and our children. You do way too much way too often. I want to carry more of the load, your load, my load.

Popular posts from this blog

Jacobisms

Out On the Town

NYE