Christmas

This year wins for fewest number of pictures I've ever taken on Christmas. I don't really have an explanation for that so I won't bore you with pontifications. 


We always have a buffet on Christmas Eve (I've mentioned this several times, so my faithful readers already know). It's the most random selection of food with no cohesiveness--everyone picks whatever they're craving at the moment. Translate: Carb loading. 

Karina was so beyond hungry she stopped smiling. Or maybe she was frustrated at me for taking a picture of her? Or both?




I told the girls we would open one present on Christmas Eve as long as it was a game we could play together. They opened this Lego Hobbit game. Translate: Jacob and I spend an hour putting together a lego version of the Shire while the girls lose interest and move on to something else. Karina sleeps in the background with some really fabulous socks.



Hannah was up at 5:30 am. The rule has always been that if they woke up too early, they could get into their stockings and wait until a reasonable hour to open presents. Translate: They got into their stockings and Hannah started tearing into everything under the tree before anybody else got up. Leah gets mad at her for opening stuff before she was supposed to, they start a brawl and everyone is up before 6 anyway. I was really trying to enjoy the moment instead of be fussy about lack of sleep. Really.


Grandpa wishes Hannah didn't get up so early.


And....Leah wishes Hannah didn't get up so early. 


I realized this year how much fun Christmas is with kids around. It sounds cliche to call it magical, but I can't think of a better word for it. The excitement they have is infectious and exhausting. I wouldn't want it any other way. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacobisms

Out On the Town

NYE