The New Year

Every year my uncle holds a New Year's Eve party at his home in Boise. I've never been and was really excited to finally get to go this year. I had a great time and absolutely ate myself silly on scotcharoos* and all other things chocolate. And pizza and breadsticks. Sadly, my camera misplaced itself for the entire trip so I have no pictures of the festivities. It turned up right as we were leaving--I found it in an obscure spot and my cousin-whom-I-love-dearly said "Oh, I forgot I put it there." He's 16 so we'll forgive him. Eventually.


*scotcharoos: Rice krispies glued together with corn syrup and peanut butter, topped with a melted mixture of chocolate and butterscotch chips. Little squares of calorie heaven. I think I've posted this exact thing before, but it's so important that you ever forget how good they are and how much I love them.

I did get one picture of my trip. One of the libraries in Boise is either a)very enthusiastic about reading or b) trying to motivate the city to pick up a book. Probably c) all of the above.




Check out that filthy windshield!! The weather wasn't that ideal, but adventure and travel ALWAYS trump weather, in my expert opinion :). Probably the best part of the trip was a visit I had with a close friend that I haven't seen in 5 years. She dared to leave me in Logan while she moved to Boise (don't worry, I'm over it), and we had a few short hours together. She even brought ice cream!

Also, we stayed in a hotel one night and Leah practiced her swimming moves. She tried--for the first time this trip--jump into deep water (success!) and swimming the length of the pool (success!). I was chatting it up with a fellow hot tub mom and I said Leah was a little fish. Her little girl said 'No she's not. She's a BUG.' I don't know what she meant but it was funny.

Maybe 'fellow hot tub mom' wasn't the best choice of words...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacobisms

Out On the Town

NYE