It's May

A little o' this, a little o' that on what's going on around here:

* I took the girls up the street to a campground in the mountains with some hiking trails. Leah has been learning about camping in school and I thought they'd like to get started on some outdoorsy stuff. (I should mention here that it was 45 degrees here today) Anyway, we found a not so muddy trail and walked around a bit (read: Leah ran ahead, talking to herself, Hannah--all 28 punds of her--clung to my hip and refused to touch the ground). We lasted about 20 minutes, which was more than I expected, and went back to the car. I drove them further into the campground to find some more trails for when it gets warmer and....Van Go died. :(. Smoke was everywhere and coolant was gushing out of the engine. Thermostat blew. The girls didn't even noticed, so all I said was "Wouldn't it be fun if Grandma came and picked us up?" And by a HUGE miracle, I actually got cell phone reception way back there in the mountain to call mom. I think Van Go will be okay in a few days, in case you were worried.


*So much for being all outdoorsy and "we live in Utah and we don't do Utahn stuff so let's get on it".

* Mother's Day was a mixed bag-the first part of the day was pretty enjoyable, the latter part involved some little girl who couldn't stop coughing/vomiting on mom. Alas. We visited the cemetery where my grandma is buried before church to give her flowers. She passed away in January of 2002. Obviously, my kids never met her, so we looked at pictures first.



My kids love flowers and plants, so this was a good activity for them. Oh, and the family history was nice too.

Aren't we cute?


We made it to church and there it is.
These last two pics are random, but I'm adding them because 1)It's my blog and I can schmoozle over my girls if I want to and 2)I still maintain that the best part about blogging and facebook is the pictures.





Comments

Unknown said…
Darling girls. I'm so glad you are doing well. Miss you. When can we see you. We'll even make the drive. :)
Unknown said…
Okay,let's set a date. Things will die down a bit after next week (when my job is over) and I can come see you. Or you can come here anytime-there's plenty of room. I miss you too!
Jennifer Walker said…
Love the pix--especially visiting Grandma Day's grave--that was very sweet and I know she loved it. Sorry about the van and barf, though! I'm looking forward to seeing you next Saturday!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacobisms

Out On the Town

NYE